This visa route is closed for new applicants from 13.04.2023
Start-up visa is intended for entrepreneurs with high potential who wish to open their business in the UK for the first time.
The main condition for obtaining this visa is the approval of the business idea by one of the endorsement body authorized by the Home Office.
A specified list of endorsement bodies includes a UK higher education institutions and business organisations with a history of supporting UK entrepreneurs.
To apply for a start-up visa, the applicant will need to demonstrate that the proposed business idea is:
• a new idea – you cannot join or invest in a business that is already trading;
• innovative – you must have an original business idea which is different from anything else on the market;
• viable, with potential for growth.
This category does not require any investment in the business.
Experienced immigration specialists of Westland Mark Limited will help you choose the right organization to support your business idea.
A start-up visa is issued for a period of 2 years, and during this period the applicant must devote most of his time to developing his business. Other employment is also allowed during this period.
You can’t extend your Start-up visa. After completing the 2 years’ period you can switch to the Innovator category in order to extend your stay and grow your business in the UK.
While you are residing in the UK on the Start-up visa, you can:
•bring family members with you;
•switch to this visa from some other visa categories;
•work in another job, as well as working for your business.
• get public funds;
• work as a doctor or dentist in training;
• work as a professional sportsperson, for example a sports coach;
• settle in the UK on this visa.
In order to be eligible to apply for the Start-up visa, the applicant has to satisfy the following requirements:
• Hold an approval of a business idea by an endorsement body (endorsement letter);
• Be at least 18 years old;
• Pass a special four-module English language test at CEFR level B2;
• Demonstrate the availability of maintenance funds of at least £945 in your personal bank account which were held at least 90 days before the application is made;
• Obtain a Tuberculosis test (in some cases, depending on the country of application).
All documents must be translated into English and certified.
Professional translators at Westland Mark Limited provide translation services for documents into English with their subsequent certification.
This list of documents is not exhaustive and you may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.
The amount of the visa fees for start-up visas varies depending on the country where the application is made. When applying for this visa, you must also pay IHS Surcharge.
We are pleased to confirm that we now collaborate with an industry-leading plan writing company who specialises in UK immigration business plan matters. Their bespoke business plans include matters in relation to the Start Up Visa, Innovator Visa, Sole Representative Visa, Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extensions and Ankara Agreement.
Having worked with international entrepreneurs for 10 years, they have excellent relationships with various endorsing bodies with regards to the Start Up and Innovator visa routes.
Together, we are able to offer our clients a “pre-approval” service, whereby your business concept could potentially get pre-endorsed within 2-3 working days. Once pre-endorsed, you are then invited to submit a full business plan and endorsement application.