Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)
This category is closed for new applicants since March 2019.
Extension and ILR applications are still accepted.
Extension of Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa requirements:
• The applicant has to be registered as a director or as self-employed no more than 6 months after the date the applicant were given permission to stay in the UK under a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa.
• The applicant can prove that he has been working as a self-employed, a member of a partnership or working as a director of a business 3 months before the application is made.
• The applicant created at least 2 full time jobs that have existed for at least 12 months during the last grant of leave.
• The applicant can continue to support yourself financially.
The applicant invested into 1 or more UK businesses either: £200,000 in cash or, in some cases £50,000 in cash. (The amount depends on the level of funds your initial application was based on).
• The applicant has to satisfy the Genuine Entrepreneur test and provide a new Business plan for the next two years.
IHS surcharge needs to be paid for all applicants for another two years.
Applications for Indefinite leave to remain are similar to extension applications. In addition to the above, the applicant will have to provide an English language test at CEFR B1 level as well as the Life in the UK test.
A full list of absences for the last five years is also essential for the ILR application confirming that the applicant has not been absent from the UK more than 180 days in any consecutive 12 months.
There is no requirement to show maintenance funds at this stage. No IHS surcharge as well.