Temporary short-term working visas Tier 5
This category is intended for temporary employment for the purpose of charity, maintaining cultural and religious international relations, as well as for the purpose of sharing experience.
As for most PBS categories, a Tier 5 employee requires a sponsor employer who has a Home Office license and will issue a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) to the applicant.
Visa application can be made after the COS is issued by the sponsor.
This category does not lead to permanent residence. Successful visa holders do not compete with local specialists, and the maximum period for which a visa can be extended is 24 months.
There are no English language requirements for in this category.
With Tier 5, you cannot switch to a category other than under family route.
Tier 5 Temporary Workers
There are five subcategories:
1) Creative and Sporting – for representatives of creative professions and athletes who want to come to the UK for 12 months (visa can be extended). One visa can be obtained for a series of performances, concerts or competitions, if the time interval between them does not exceed 14 days, and the sponsor is the same agent / impresario. If the sponsors are different, each of them must issue a sponsor certificate (CoS) to the applicant. One CoS can be issued both to the applicant and his entourages. The category is not intended for athletes who are going to play for professional clubs. Professional football players can switch to a Tier 2 (Sportperson) visa.
2) Charity workers – for those who wish to perform unpaid work in charitable organizations;
3) Religious workers – for clergymen with religious orders, priests and other religious figures;
4) Government authorized exchange – for those who want to come to the UK under the approved government international exchange schemes in order to exchange experience and practical knowledge. Individual employers and organisations cannot act as sponsor, even if they have a sponsorship license. This should be a global organisation listed in Appendix N to the Immigration Rules, which is supported by the UK Government.
5) International agreement – to perform work under international contracts.
Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme
Simplified procedure for obtaining a short-term work visa in the UK for citizens of Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Taiwan, Monaco, South Korea and Hong Kong (see Appendix G of the Immigration Rules). Applicants should be between the ages of 18 and 31 years old. The number of visas issued per year is limited to each of the countries listed. The visa is issued for 2 years, it can not be extended or switched to another category. The same applicant can only receive such a visa once. Applicant cannot bring dependent family members under this subcategory.