Child Student Visa


Child Student

To study in the UK, a child can obtain a Child Student visa from the age of 4. Regardless of the age of the applicant, be it a 4 year old child or an adult student, there are general requirements for obtaining a student visa.

The most important being: an educational institution must have a Home Office license, which gives it the right to accept foreign students for study.
Westland Mark Limited specialists, in addition to visa support, assist in the selection of any educational institution according to the criteria set by the child’s parents, guide clients through the enrolment procedure, and, at the request of clients, organise individual visits to schools and colleges.

Once a suitable school that meets your requirements has been selected and your child has been enrolled, the school will issue a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) – the final confirmation of admission, on the basis of which you can apply for a Child Student visa. Obtaining a CAS is the second prerequisite for this category.

Financial requirements

A mandatory requirement for obtaining a visa is the availability of funds to pay for one year of study and living costs (maintenance). The exact amount required for living costs is set by immigration rules and may vary from year to year. The money must be in the parents’ bank account for at least 28 days before applying for a visa as a minimum balance.

The amount can be in any currency, but is checked in pounds at the exchange rate on the date of submission of the application on the website If one full academic year is paid, then only living costs should be in the account. If the academic year is not fully paid, then the account must show the living costs and the underpaid amount for the year of study.

Those who apply for an extension of the Child Student visa from the UK, and who previously had a visa valid for at least 12 months, as well as citizens of some countries from the list, are exempt from financial requirements.

If the child is going to study at a boarding school, and a full year of study with accommodation is paid, then there are no financial requirements when applying for a student (child) visa.
You will be required to pay an Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) for the entire period for which the visa is issued.

Students of all ages must take a tuberculosis test if they are residents of one of the countries on the Home Office list. The certificate with test results is valid for 6 months.

The Child Student visa itself does not qualify for permanent residence, but the time spent on this visa counts towards the 10-year period of continuous legal residence in the UK, on the basis of which your child can obtain permanent residence.