Student visa for adults

Studying in the UK has always been the key to a good career in any country. British education is prestigious and offers excellent prospects.

A student visa can be obtained by applicants over 16 years of age.

Westland Mark Limited specialists, in addition to visa support, assist in the selection of any educational institution according to the criteria set by clients.

Once a suitable institution that meets your requirements is selected and you are enrolled, the institution issues a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) – the final confirmation of enrollment, on the basis of which you can apply for a student visa. Obtaining a CAS is the second prerequisite for this category.

Financial requirements (maintenance)

A mandatory requirement for obtaining a visa is the availability of funds to pay for one year of study (tuition fee) and for accommodation (maintenance). The exact amount required for accommodation is set by immigration rules and may vary from year to year. The money must be in the bank account of the prospective student or his parents for at least 28 days before applying for a visa. If one full academic year is paid, then only funds for living should be in the account. If the academic year is not fully paid, then the account must show the funds for accommodation plus the underpaid amount for the year of study.

Those who apply for a Student visa from the UK and who previously had a visa valid for at least 12 months, as well as applicants from certain countries, are exempt from financial requirements.

Right to work

Students enrolled in a course below bachelor’s level (Level 6) are entitled to work no more than 10 hours per week during school hours and without restrictions on holidays. Level 6 and above students are eligible to work 20 hours a week during school hours and with no restrictions during holidays.


Students applying for a Student visa have the right to bring family members (spouses, partners and children under 18) with them. To do this, the course of study must be at least Level 7 (Master Program, Postgraduate Certificate or Postgraduate Diploma) and last at least 9 months.

For family members, you need to show the presence of additional funds (maintenance) either in their bank account or in the student’s account. They also have to pay the Health Care Fee (IHS). Family members have an unlimited right to work in the UK, and children have the right to free education in public schools.