Global Talent visa
You can apply for a Global Talent visa to work in the UK if you’re a leader or potential leader in one of the following fields:
1. academia or research;
2. arts and culture;
3. digital technology;
You need to complete 2 stages to get this visa:
• Apply to the Home Office for endorsement;
• Apply for the visa;
You can apply for the visa without an endorsement if you’ve won an eligible award. Find out which awards are eligible here.
You may be able to get indefinite leave to remain in the UK after 3 (exceptional talent) or 5 (exceptional promise) years, depending on which field you work in and how you apply.
This visa gives you the right to live, work and study here for as long as you like, and apply for benefits if you’re eligible
• £456 when you apply for the endorsement;
• £167 when you apply for the visa itself;
• £623 when you apply based on an eligible award;
• £623 for partner or children in your application;
As this route gives an access to the NHS there is an Immigration Health Surcharge – £624 per year (prices as of February 2023, subject to change in the future).
Work in the UK as a researcher or academic leader.
You can work in the UK in academia or research, if you are a leader or potential leader in one of the following fields:
How you apply depends on whether you:
• have an eligible job offer as an academic or researcher;
• have an individual fellowship;
• have a research grant that is approved by UK Research and Innovation (UKRI);
• an eligible award;
• are getting your application peer reviewed.
Eligibility for peer review:
• work in an approved research discipline, please find here
• be an active researcher – for example in a university, research institute or business
• have a PhD or equivalent research experience, including industrial or clinical research
There are other criteria you must also meet, depending on if you’re applying through exceptional promise or exceptional talent.
Work in the UK as a leader in arts and culture.
With a Global Talent visa you can work in the UK, if you are a leader or potential leader in one of the following fields:
• combined arts, dance, literature, music, theatre or visual arts
• fashion design;
• film and television, including animation, post production and visual effects.
Check the full list of eligible arts and culture fields.
All applicants must provide 3 letters of recommendation, CV and to 10 pieces of evidence showing your exceptional talent or promise, for example through:
Work in the UK as a leader in digital technology.
With a Global Talent visa you can work in the UK if you are a leader or potential leader in digital technology, for example in:
• financial technology (‘fintech’);
• cyber security;
• artificial intelligence.
Check the full list of eligible digital technology roles.
All applicants must provide 3 letters of recommendation, CV and to 10 pieces of evidence.